One of the Society’s aims is to encourage and undertake research into the history of Molesey and to record and publish findings from such research.
If you have undertaken research to anything linked to Molesey then you are more than welcome to submit it to the committee and we shall consider if and how this is best published on our web site.
When the Society first started back in 2007, suggestions for research items were made and at that time things were still in their infancy. However, time has moved on and that in itself is now history. The Society’s research has led to a number of meetings and exhibitions, including:
- The History of Molesey Hospital
- The 40th anniversary of the 1968 floods
- What the Railways did for Molesey
- Sport on Molesey Hurst
- “Then and Now” photographic exhibition
- The History of Molesey Carnival
- The Hampton Court bridges
- Life in Molesey during WWII
We soon hope to have more details and information available on this web site, available to members and visitors to aid further research. It may also provide information to those undertaking family history where links have been made to Molesey.