One of the Society’s aims is to encourage and undertake research into the history of Molesey and to record and publish what we find out.
We welcome articles, photographs and snippets of information that we can publish on our website, facebook page or newsletter. Please see our Contacts page on how to get in touch, or use our Discussion facility.
The Society’s research has led to a number of meetings and exhibitions, including:
- The history of Molesey Hospital
- The 1968 floods
- What the railways did for Molesey
- Sport on Molesey Hurst
- “Then and Now” photographic exhibition
- The history of Molesey Carnival
- The Hampton Court bridges
- Life in Molesey during WWII
- VE Day celebrations – 75 years on
- Educating Molesey – the history of local schools
- Inclosures Act of 1821
We plan to have more details and information on this website for members and visitors to aid further research. It may also help those undertaking family history where links have been made to Molesey.
Plans are under way for next year – 2022 – to investigate Tagg’s Island